Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Baking

Are you baking for the holidays? We try to use boxed mixes and add to them. For example, my daughter made Duncan Hines Brownies. She used their mix but added in chocolate chips. You can also use lemon cake mixes to create the lightest lemon cookies I've ever tasted:

1 box lemon cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon extract

Mix it all together until well mixed. Create balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes at 375 degrees. These come out looking like crinkle cookies, but they're lemony!!

Audrey :)

3 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That sounds baking-dunce proof, which is about what I need..... ;-)

redkathy said...

Perfect for me, thanks for the tip! I love to cook and do pretty good with that but baking... well other than bread in my bread machine, I don't so so well!

MIG said...

I love starting with a boxed mix. Otherwise I'm not so great at making cake. -Victoria from MBC Follow Me Club