Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lemon Bread

We have a lemon tree. Lemon bars are great, but they are high in calories. So instead we love to make lemon bread.

1 1 /2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Peel from one lemon
juice from one lemon

Combine the baking powder, flour, salt, sugar and lemon peel in a bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl beat the eggs, milk, lemon juice, butter and vanilla together. Once mixed add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix lightly.

Pour into loaf pan and bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. The original recipe calls for a lemon glaze on top. I've never put a glaze on. The bread is delicious without.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

This sounds fantastic. I love lemons!

tiny home plans said...

This lemon bread sounds yummy! I am going to give it a try. And I hope my family will love it.