Monday, February 06, 2012

Noodle Kugel/Noodle Pudding #2

Back in November I shared a Noodle Kugel recipe with you. When it comes to noodle kugel there are as many different recipes as there are for chocolate chip cookies. Each recipe is a bit of a twist from the others.

This is my friend Linda's recipes. It's one of my daughters favorites.

1 pound wide egg noodles
16 ounces sour cream
16 ounces cottage cheese
1 cup milk
1/4 pound butter
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Topping:
1 cup corn flake crumbs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Boil noodles according to package directions, drain and place in a bowl.


Melt the butter in the casserole dish and then pour into the noodle bowl.


Add in the cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs and salt.



Mix and pour into the casserole dish.


Mix the topping in a small bowl


Sprinkle on top of casserole:


Bake at 350 degrees about one hour.


This is delicious. We did use low fat cottage cheese and non fat sour cream in ours. I also used vegan margarine, not real butter.

Audrey :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of "Noodle Kugel", but it sounds delicious. Thanks for stopping by today :)

Debbie said...

I always wanted to get my hands on a noodle kugel recipe...this will work great ..with a few healthy changes.

Jenners said...

This looks and sounds good to me. I might be able to sell it to my son because of "noodles.' : )

Becca said...

Yes, this is definitely my favorite noodle kugel recipe! My mom is determined to find one I will like more though LOL

betchai said...

looks very good and yummy. will have to try this one too.

Martha said...

Thanks for your comment at The Motivation Station. Hope you'll join us for the health and fitness challenges on Mondays. I'm a new follower :)

LifeRamblings said...

looks delightful. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i love kugel! i made a sweet version with shirataki once and spaghetti squash another time - sooo good!

Bonnie said...

Is that what kugel is??? I have always heard of it, but I never knew what it is ... Huh. I learned something.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

This sounds so rich and yummy! I think it would be a great brunch dish. :)

Amanda said...

YUM! And can I say yum!