Thursday, September 08, 2011

Taco Cornbread Bake

The day I found the recipe for Taco Cornbread Bake, I knew I had to try it.







1 pound ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

I browned the meat in the microwave and then added in the taco seasoning and water, and microwave for two more minutes. Then mix in the tomatoes/chiles, beans and cheese. Pour into the casserole dish. Mix up the cornbread batter and spread on top of the meat mixture.

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. This is what it looked like out of the oven.


I added olives to my slice. We loved it. I did make the mistake of adding just a little too much water so next time, we'll add a little less. We did not add the additional cheese at the end.

Audrey :)

No comments: