Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Southern Oven Fried Chicken - Weight Watchers

This recipe is for all of my Weight Watchers friends:

2 pounds of chicken (white meat has less calories and less fat) (I also use skinless and boneless chicken)
4 teaspoons oil (try grapeseed oil)
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
2 or 3 drops of pepper sauce
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk

Using skinless white meat chicken and low fat buttermilk, this is 5 points per serving and about 230 calories per serving.

In a mixing bowl, combine the pepper sauce and buttermilk. On a paper plate, combine the cornflakes, salt, pepper and flour.

Dip chicken in buttermilk, then roll in cornflake mixture. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Bake 30 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook until done.

Audrey :)

1 comment:

Helene said...

Just the other day I watched a cooking show (can't remember now which one) but they recommended using buttermilk instead of eggs to dip your chicken in before breading them to add more taste. I tried it and it made such a huge difference! I actually didn't have any buttermilk on hand so I used milk with a tbsp of vinegar and it worked fine.

The chicken was amazing...my kids actually asked for seconds! Your recipe sounds good too...I may try yours next time!