This recipe begins with refrigerated biscuits, so you are not making the dough from scratch. While there are many steps involved in making this bread, it’s actually a recipe that even young children can help with.
The bread is very sweet. You can substitute Splenda for some or even all of the sugar. The nuts are optional.
2 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated biscuits
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¾ cut butter or margarine
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut each biscuit into quarters
3. In a large disposable bag, combine ¾ cup sugar and one teaspoon of the cinnamon.
4. Drop in biscuit pieces a few at a time, shake and coat.
5. Layer pieces without crowding in a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
6. In a small sauce pan combine butter or margarine and one teaspoon of the cinnamon.
7. Measure your dry ingredients and add enough sugar so that you have one cup total.
8. Add dry ingredients to sauce pan and boil, stirring constantly.
9. Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
10. Stir in nuts and then spoon mixture over biscuits in pan.
11. Bake 45 minutes.
12. Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
13. Remove from pan.
14. Pull off portions as desired.