I read several tips on making a great cup of coffee at home:
1. Make sure your coffeemaker is clean. All parts should be cleaned regularly.
2. Use filtered water. Waters do taste different from the tap and through a filter.
3. Reheating coffee can make it bitter. You're better of to make 2 small post versus reheating the coffee from an older pot.
4. Use coffeemakers with a brew time between 5 and 7 minutes.
5. Grind your own beans. When coffee if ground and then put into a can it does lose some of its flavor.
And for those who like to dunk their cookies in their coffee, instead try these cookies, already flavored with coffee:
2 cups brown sugar
4 cups flour
1 cup shortening
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup nuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup cold strong coffee
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients with spice, soda and baking powder. Add to sugar, shortening mixture, alternating with cold coffee. When well blended; add nuts and raisins. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes. If you like chocolate chips, you can add those also.