Thursday, January 24, 2008

Seven Layer Dip

My daughter came home tonight with a multi layer burrito. We have an incredible burrito shop here in town, right by the college actually.

As I got my one mom bite out of her burrito I thought about the fact that I have not made a 7 layer dip in quite some time.

We start with a can of refried beans. You can actually eat these room temperature or heated. If you heat them, then when you add the cheese as your second layer, the cheese melts right over the beans.

We actually make the dip right on the plate. The plate goes into the microwave with the beans spread on the bottom. Next comes the cheese, followed by any of the following, chopped tomatoes, chopped olives, chopped onions, lettuce, rice, chopped avocado or guacamole, sour cream and salsa. We use whatever we happen to have in the house. Our dip is sometimes 5 layers and sometimes 8 layers.

Serve with tortilla chips or spread on a warm tortilla.

Audrey :)

No comments: