Saturday, January 01, 2011

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

I am thrilled to be back blogging again. In an effort to save money and to keep my weight down, I am going to see how many days of the year I can make a home cooked meal. We eat a lot of poultry so expect a lot of turkey, chicken and ground turkey recipes.

Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead.

This recipe is the result of me wanting to use up some left over spinach. Spinach is one of the vegetables my daughter likes and so I use it in cooking whenever I can.


Ingredients:

1 box of stuffing mix (I had used some of the box for a previous recipe, so I used about 3/4 of a box)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
Spinach
2 chicken breasts cut and cubed
Grated cheese for the top

This recipe can be "played" with. Use the soups you have in your pantry. A cheese soup or a cream of broccoli soup would be wonderful in this casserole.

I put the stuffing on the bottom. I then used about 1/2 or 2/3 of a package of fresh spinach. I boiled two chicken breasts and cubed them. I put the chicken on top of the spinach. I then poured the two cans of soup over the entire mixture and baked for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I covered the casserole with a layer of grated cheese and baked another 5-7 minutes until the cheese was completely melted.

We all loved it and finished it off for lunch the next day.

Audrey :)

2 comments:

Redkathy said...

Oooohhh another great casserole for us to try yum! We eats lots of casserole dishes and I can't wait to try this one out Audrey. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

We eats lots of casserole dishes and I can't wait to try this one out Audrey. Thanks and Happy New Year!
Banana Nut Bread