Sunday, April 11, 2010

Apple Chicken (crockpot)

I did not disappear. Life seems to have created less than 24 hours a day for me LOL. Anyway, I hope to post lots of new recipes this week for you.

I made apple chicken in the crockpot tonight and it was YUMMY!!

Ralphs/Kroegers had a sale on chicken. It was buy one, get one free. I bought two packages of chicken breasts. They had skin on and bones in. Each package had 3 breasts in it. So I used one package or 3 chicken breasts. I bought 2 really large apples and cored them. So I now had like 16 wedges. I put these in the bottom of the crockpot. I then cut up 4 stalks of celery and half of a white onion.

I poured in one can of chicken broth and then 2 cans of water. That's it I cooked on low for 6 hours and then warm for an hour.

It was delicious. I ate the apple slices along with chicken. Very easy to make and very flavorful. If you are accustomed to adding salt and pepper to chicken, put the desired amount on top of the chicken skin.

Audrey :)

No comments: