Thursday, August 04, 2011

Summer Squash Casserole (dairy free)

I came home from work last week and found 2 large summer squash on my front porch. My neighbor had left them there for me. I knew I wanted to turn the summer squash into a casserole dish.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/sidedishcasseroles/r/bl30324t.htm This is the recipe I began with but I wanted to make it dairy free. If you've never tried the Tofutti Sour Cream, I highly recommend it. To me, it tastes just like regular sour cream.


I cut two pounds of squash into cubes and then micrwaved them until soft. I added in 8 ounces of the Tofutti Sour Cream and about 1/2 can of chicken broth. I put 1/2 box of stuffing mix on top and baked about 25 minutes.


It came out great. We loved it. It tasted very creamy without any dairy products. We will make this recipe again!!

Audrey :)

No comments: