Monday, January 03, 2011

Pasta, Chicken and Veggies

I want to apologize in advance that I don't have a photo to share with you. We were so hungry we sat down to eat before I got the photo.

This is incredibly easy to make and is a favorite in my house.

Ingredients

Pasta (we have used spaghetti noodles, elbow macaroni noodles and fettuccine noodles)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 jar alfredo sauce
chopped veggies (we use spinach, zucchini and broccoli)

Boil the pasta, boil the chicken and saute the veggies. I use a little bit of oil on the veggies and saute them for about 10 minutes. I boil the chicken about 45 minutes. I boil the pasta for whatever the package time says.

Once everything is done, toss together in a large bowl. I then heat in the oven to blend the flavors for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

When serving we sprinkle grated parmesan on top.

This is a great recipe for using up left over chicken. You can add in any vegetables your family enjoys. We do not like bell peppers, but I know many people do. Try adding red bell peppers to this dish for some color and additional flavor.

Audrey :)

1 comment:

Redkathy said...

Hi Audrey, This is one I make quite often. Very easy and delish!