Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chicken and Dumplings (crockpot)


Many of you asked me to post after we tried this recipe. The picture is not great. What you're seeing is the top, biscuit portion. The chicken is underneath. Here's how we made it:

2 chicken breasts (we used boneless skinless)
1 package onion soup (the recipe called for 3 tablespoons, we used the whole package)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (we used low fat)
2 cans of water

Place everything in the crockpot. We cooked on high for 3 1/2 hours. Then it was time to make the biscuits:

1 1/2 cups Bisquick (I didn't have Bisquick, but I had another brand and used it)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we used a cheese mixture)
2/3 cup milk

Mix together and drop by spoonful into crockpot. Cook another 30 minutes on low. Serve.

We will leave the cheese out next time. We didn't really notice the taste of cheese, so why add the extra calories?

Thanks to Amy for the original recipe. We will definitely make this again, but without the cheese.

Audrey :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love crockpot recipes and this one sounds really yummy. I'm bookmarking for later. :)

The Redhead Riter said...

I was born on chicken and dumplin's!

Enjoy a Totally Tremendous Thursday!!!

James ~n~ Amber said...

This is one thing I love to make. I don't do it this particular way, but this looks like a nice variation !

Mandy said...

yummy! I have been craving some "comfort food" and this looks sooo good.