Friday, March 06, 2009

Parmesan Chicken

I found this recipe this morning Parmesan Chicken. I used mayonnaise instead of yogurt. I also used garlic powder with a bit of salt added. I choose not to use butter, just to save on calories. Finally we added one more spoon of parmesan cheese.

The chicken was delicious. We'll absolutely make this dish again. Yum!!

Here's my version:

1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers
4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup mayonnaise

Sauce:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 ounces of sour cream

I found chicken breasts on sale at Albertsons but as the original recipe states, I'm sure this would be great on dark meat as well.

We are very calorie conscious here. I used low fat mayonnaise, low calorie soup and low fat sour cream. We each spooned on our own gravy and we also made potatoes that we spooned the gravy on.

Thanks to Kristy for this awesome new recipe on our "make again" list.

Audrey :)

No comments: