Friday, December 16, 2011

Asparagus Casserole

As I've posted before, I constantly look for new ways to service vegetables. I tried this recipe with canned asparagus. Next time I'll use fresh as I now know how the recipe will turn out.


2 cans cut asparagus (drain, but reserve 1/4 cup of liquid)
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1/2 cup cheese (I used Italian blend)
1 can cream of chicken or cream of anything soup
1/4 cup of juice from the asparagus

Mix everything together and pour into a casserole dish. We had Pringles potato chips and so I crushed them and put them on top.

Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 minutes.



Audrey :)

7 comments:

Liz Mays said...

That looks terrific! Is the canned asparagus really tender, because that's the only way I'll eat it.

Jenners said...

Now I would eat this but the rest of my family wouldn't ... unless I didn't reveal all the ingredients (like asparagus).

What I Did Today said...

My mouth is always watering after reading your posts. I love yummy veggies dishes like this!

Becca said...

As I get older I find that I am willing to eat asparagus as long as it has layers of sauce and whatnot on top of it!

Reena said...

Love asparagus ... my grandmother use to grow it and we would have it frequently!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

That sounds delicious to me! I've never had anything like it, but I love all the ingredients. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Cheese and cornflake crumbs make everything better!