Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zucchini Casserole

We all love zucchini. I continue to try to make new recipes. Three of us ate this one. My older daughter loved the casserole but said she'd prefer it without the onion. My younger daughter liked this and I didn't particularly care for it. So I'll share it here and you decide.

3 zucchini peeled and sliced
3-5 tablespoons of cottage cheese
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon basil
salt and pepper to taste
mozzarella cheese

Place a layer of zucchini on the bottom. Use half the cottage cheese on top, then sprinkle with half the basil. I then sprinkled salt and pepper on top. Repeat layers.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top. I would've preferred parmesan but I only had mozzarella in the house.  Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes.

Let me know if you try this.

Audrey :)

1 comment:

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

My mouth is watering! Zucchini (well, any squash really) is my favorite veggie!!