Sunday, January 27, 2008

Leftovers

Since I do a lot of cooking, I seem to always have leftovers. While I prefer not to waste food, I do find that I'm forever throwing something out. Many folks have told me that I throw things out sooner than they do. So I decided to look online and see what the suggested refrigerator life is for leftover foods. I found a great chart http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3606.htm. Scroll down a bit to see the chart.

I keep foods for the lesser time periods listed here. Reading this made me smile that I'm really not throwing things away prematurely.

Post a comment. Share how long you keep leftovers in the refrigerator.

Audrey :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Audrey,
With a teenager in the house there certainly aren't many leftovers.

I do try to prepare meals ahead of time & freeze them.